10x32 Above Ground Community Storm Shelter
This Quonset-style 10x32 Above Ground Community Storm Shelter is ideal for larger groups of people in need of a proven storm shelter that will provide fast and economical protection. This shelter is manufactured to FEMA 361 and ICC-500 guidelines and rated to withstand an EF-5 tornado. Rated for 63 people, this tornado shelter features the following:
- Dimensions: 10’ wide x 8’ tall x 32’ long (320 square feet)
- Weight: 104,867 pounds (with foundation)
- Door dimensions: 3’ wide x 6’8” tall (ADA accessible)
- Built with ASTM A 36 ¼” heavy-duty steel plate and ASTM A 500 structural 3”x3”x3/8” rolled angle, 4’ on center and 4”x4”x1/4” square tubing, 8’ on center for utmost strength and durability
- Round design provides maximum protection for deflection of flying debris
- Powder-coated baked-on finish is rust and corrosion-resistant
- Triple-locking, single lever latching mechanism with keyed door handle for extra safety and security
- Removable perimeter benches provide ability to increase/decrease seating/standing capacity
- Chemical toilet with privacy enclosure included
- 50 amp 240 volt electrical load center with lighting, exhaust fan system and electrical outlets included
- Stand-by generators and solar panel kits available (call for pricing)
- Price includes delivery to the following states: AL, GA, MS, TN, LA, TX, OK, MO, AR, KS (call for shipping quote to other areas)
Factory installation and foundation available (call for pricing)
- Shelters meet FEMA 361 and ICC 500 codes with 250 MPH wind rating. Wall sections and doors successfully passed Texas Tech Wind Research Institute simulated tornado missile impact test. Shelters are designed and sealed by a Structural Engineer.
- 18” thick concrete foundation is provided with two layers of #5 rebar installed 9” and 16” on center. 5/8” x 12” x 12” embed steel plates with Nelson Studs are precast into the concrete and all columns are welded to precast plates per Engineer’s specifications creating the strongest anchoring on the market. Optional 12” foundation with 24” perimeter footing is available in areas with frost line requirements.
- Occupancy requirements are 5 square feet per person plus one 10 square foot space for ADA. Vent requirements adhered to through either passive or active ventilation system.